Researchers assemble first complete human genome sequence

A team of researchers assembled the first complete sequence of a human genome, 2 decades after the Human Genome Project formed the first incomplete draft sequence, according to the NIH.The first draft mapped about 92% of the DNA included in a human genome sequence, the National Human Genome Research Institute (NGHRI) said in a press release. Innovations in technology have allowed researchers in the Telomere-to-Telomere (T2T) consortium to uncover the remaining 8%.Six papers detailing the completed sequence have been published in Science.“Ever since we had the first draft human genomeRead More

Related Articles